People who have an intellectual disability have a range of issues where assistance and education can result in further development of life skills.
"Many people have personal issues including grief, and relationship issues which can lead to a restriction in life activities and productive relationships"
The aim of the counselling and group work is to reduce some of these issues and increase quality of life.
We are now offering a limited number of General Counselling sessions by appointment only.
Counselling Services include:
- General Counselling
- Anger Management
- Social Skills Education
- Relationship Issues
- Protective Behaviours
- Personal Hygiene
- Human Relations & Sexuality
- Psychological Assessment & Intervention
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Workplace Behaviours
Other Services Offered:
- Group work by negotiation
- Human Relations Assessment
Services are offered to individuals who :
- have an intellectual disability
- are registered with the Victorian Department of Human Services and
- are over the age of 18 years.
Services are also offered to families, support workers, carers and organisations
We are now offering a limited number of Counselling sessions to the general community.
- Referral can be arranged by either telephone or email.
- A comprehensive referral form will then be forwarded.
- This form must be completed prior to commencement.
- Counselling is available on weekday - Contact office for times
- Clients attending this service usually attend at the same day and time every week.
- Sessions are individually designed and usually based on 3/4 hour duration.
- Other counselling times are available on request.
- The cost of Individual counselling and education (Disability) is as follows:The cost for group programs is available on request. Other sessions and group work are by negotiation.
- Initial Consultation - $25.00
- Subsequent sessions - $15.00
- Extended sessions are negotiated.
- Consultation and assessment are also offered. Costs are available on request.